British Red Cross’s Carers Community Connector provides advice, information, and practical support to unpaid carers in Midlothian.
British Red Cross’ Carers Community Connector, in partnership with VOCAL Midlothian, provides advice, information, and practical support to unpaid carers in Midlothian. Their support is provided through conversations and looking at the issues affecting you in your caring situation and how to achieve the best possible outcomes.
They can provide advice and information on:
- Your rights as an unpaid carer
- Adult Carers Support Plan
- Wee breaks
- Council tax credits
- Fire Safety
- Emergency Care Plan
- Support Groups
Practical support includes:
- Making referrals to appropriate specialist organisations
- Helping you with form filling
- Supporting you to attend activities
- Supporting you to link with other unpaid carers
- Listening and helping you make a plan